Sunday 11 July 2010

Nutty Flapjacks


After about 5 minutes discussing which muesli to buy in the supermarket yesterday I looked down to see the oats...hmm...not made flapjacks for a while...cracking idea! Even the other half likes them so I don't have to feel like a pig eating them on my own.
I have no idea why they are called 'nutty' flapjacks as they don't have nuts in them...odd! Used to make them with my mum though and loved them as a child so thought I'd make them as a football snack (come on Spain!)
Really easy to make and the cornflakes make them really nice and crunchy...unless like me you don't actually eat cornflakes so are using the ones left over from making the Easter nests which have lots their crunch a little!

6oz Butter
5 Tablespoons of Golden Syrup
2oz Dark Brown Sugar
3oz Cornflakes
6oz Oats

1. Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a pan and heat gently until melted
2. Stir in the oats and cornflakes
3. Line a 9" square cake tin with baking paper and pour the mixture in, smooth out until even
4. Cook on Gas Mark 4 for about 20-25 minutes - don't worry if it doesn't seem cooked when you take it out, it hardens up when cool
5. Mark into squares to it's easier to cut when cool
6. Leave in the tin, on a cooling rack, until completely cool
7. Eat with a nice cup of tea or coffee...or milk if you're feeling a bit sleepy...i am!





No comments:

Post a Comment